Tuesday, October 21, 2008

WE'RE HAVING A .......

BOY!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes, I know you can't really tell from this picture but its true we are having a baby boy! We are so excited. Sophie is going to be the best big sister to her little brother. We went Monday to the Dr. for a Sonagram to see if I needed surgery this week. At my 8 week appointment I had two large ovarian cysts and so my Dr. thought we may have to operate. Well during the Sonagram we were relieved to find out that my cysts have shrunk dramatically. Yeah no surgery! Then Travis ask the Sonographer if we would be able to tell the sex of the baby this early. (I was measuring 14 weeks and 6 days at the appointment). I just knew it was too early to tell. Well....the sonographer said sometimes they can tell this early, so let's see what we can find out. Well all of sudden there 'it' was! Either our little girl had a 3rd leg or we were having a little boy! The lady kept looking back and forth in regular and 3D mode and sure enough she said we could definately start buying BLUE! We are so happy and feel so blessed that everything went so well at the appointment. I am getting so excited about having a baby boy! (Plus it means I get to shop for new boy clothes) :)

15 comments:

Jeff Johnson said...

Congratulations on the good news - both the baby and the mommy.

Kimberly said...

congrats baldwins...we are so excited for you....

Hartmans said...

Congratulations...boys are fun. Atleast we are enjoying ours. Glad to hear that the cysts are shrinking.

melimba said...

AWESOME!!!
congratulations, shanda!
a little boy?!?! how fun!!!

Jenny said...

Little boys are the best. Congrats.

Holly said...

How exciting!!! Now you'll have one of each, perfect! Have fun shopping for little boy things! :)

Kiesha said...

Yeah! Tyler has a playmate! I'm so glad things have worked out so well for you and that you don't have to under-go surgery. That would be ahrd to take on preggers with a toddler.

That's funny about the shopping thing. I had the exact same thought when we found out about our little boy. Good luck finding your big deals!

The Wood Family said...

I am glad that everything is okay.... Congratulations! How lucky to have a boy and a girl now!

The Brown Family said...

CONGRATS!!! How fun to have a little boy for Sophie. I am glad that everything is okay with you and they don't have to do surgery.

Suz said...

How fun! I am so excited for you guys! Boys are so fun!

Lyssa Beth said...

K I must have not noticed the most important post about you having a baby! Geez louise I'm so behind and busy but CONGRATS!! And a boy?! Too cute! That's awesome you were able to see that early, how nice would that be?!
Get that scrapbook album started :)

Kelli said...

Congrats, that is so exciting. You will just love having a boy after the girl. She will take care of him so well.

Jillaine said...

Congrats!!!

Kajsa said...

congrats!! that will be so fun to have one of each!!

MaRea Hess said...

congrats, boys are a handful but every dad needs a boy to go fishing with. Hope your feeling good, sometimes pregnancy is so difficult. In the end it's all worth it, man there is nothing is better than that delicious smell of a newborn.