Friday, October 17, 2008

Trip Home to Utah

Well this was an unplanned trip home to Utah. My mother called me on a Saturday to tell me she has a ticket that will expire on October 1st so if I want to come home I can. So, Sophie and I jumped on a plane and off we went. We had so much fun. Sophie loved looking at Na-Na's goldfish in her backyard. Its crazy those fish survive every winter. Then she loved running around smelling all the pretty flowers. This is Ben my nephew. Isn't he the cutest! He has such a tender heart. Sophie kept making him cry...all he wanted was to give her hugs and kisses! They are only 4 months apart! We (Krista, Ellie, Ben, Sophie and I) spent one morning down at Willow Park Zoo. I was quite impressed with how well kept it is. If we lived in Logan we'd go there all the time! Grandpa Hart met us there and we all walked around and looked at the animals! The kiddos loved feeding the ducks!This is Grandpa Hart! We had a yummy lunch at Wingers! We love that place. I wish there was one in San Antonio. They have the best wings ever!. It was so much fun spending time with my dad and watching Sophie play with him. Thanks dad for such a fun time! Sophie loves to play in the park behind Na-Na's house. Na-Na Miller is such a good sport. She was climbing up the playground right along with Sophie.We finished off the trip by spending time with the Baldwin's . Sophie loves thier dog Sadie. We went to the airport Monday night to pick up Daddy. It was the cutest thing ever. She ran so fast to give him a hug. She had been missing him sooooo much. Everyday she would look at his picture and say Da-Da! It was a short trip for Trav..Not even 24 hours. He had an interview in Idaho. Then we all flew home together! (Thank goodness, because Sophie threw up on the plane) I would have gone crazy by myself!

6 comments:

Skye O. said...

How fun to make a trip home. Hope all works out with your next few years..wherever that will be right? It was good to see your Dad! Sophie still looks like a Baldwin to me, but a little of you. so cute!

THE ORMES said...

It's always nice to visit family. What a wonderful surprise.

Have you tried Buffalo Wild Wings? It is our absolute favorite wing place. They have a huge selection of sauces - about 15. Very delicious!

Erin Davis said...

That's so fun, I wish we could have met up! That's sad that Sophie threw up on the plane. That's always the hard part of traveling with kids!

Hartmans said...

Sophie is so cute. I got to see Travis from a distance at the San Antonio meeting, but it was just too far to yell his name and not humiliate myself. I heard he met my brother though.

Kelli said...

That is so great, I bet it is so great to be home, Sophie is such a dang cutie. I love all your updates. I am really jealous about the cake decorating that is so awesome, what a great talent.

Jen Ten said...

Shanda~Congratulations. I came across your blog and have to say I love seeing what is going on with the Hart and Baldwin clan. You've got to get Krista going on the blog thing. I haven't seen your dad forever and Ben I hardly recognized him! Tell Krista to get on board!!!LOL~Jen Dunn Tenhoeve