Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Sophie's Young Chefs Academy Cooking Class

In June, Sophie went to 2 classes at the Young Chef's Academy. It was a GROUPON special and I am so glad to got it. The first class was on the morning we were loading all of our furniture onto the moving truck. I had scheduled the class a month before and all the other classes were full so I had to keep that day (we were supposed to move our furniture the week before, but our closing date was changed.) It worked out great for Sophie to go to class that morning so she didn't have to see all of her 'stuff' packed up and put in the truck. She had so much fun peeling the potato, cutting the potato, and making pigs in a blanket. Then the following week she had her 2nd class. They made fruit smoothies and cheese rolls....she didn't have as much fun this week...I thought she was just tired since she hadn't taken a nap that day...but as the class went on she started getting runny eyes and nose...then with about 10 minutes left she said "I want to go home." I didn't know if she was just mad she had to keep washing her hands since she kept touching her eyes and nose or what. Well come to find out that night she was running a fever of 102 and the following morning we went to the pediatrician where I was told she had an ear infection. Keep in mind we were no longer living in our house and were staying at our friends house. She kept saying "I just want to go home"...I felt so bad because we had sold our home...but how do you explain that to a 3 year old. Thank goodness our friends the Wood family let us stay in their house while they were gone, which was such a fun place to stay and super kid friendly. Sophie's got to stay in her friends room for 2 weeks. All in all I am glad we tried cooking class!

Waiting to EAT!Cutting the potato!

Peeling the potato!

0 comments: