BEACH TO BAY RELAY MARATHON
No, I didn't run a marathon nor a half-marathon....and don't ever plan to...However I did run a Relay Marathon in Corpus Christi on May 15th. A group of 12 of us ran the Marathon. We had to split into 2 teams with 6 members on each team. That way we had a running buddy. What made this run extra special was having Vanessa my super duper friend from when I taught school and now is like a sister to me run with me. We drove down Friday night and met up with the rest of our team at stayed over night. We got Olive Garden take out....YUMMO! Then we got up super early to get to our starting points for each leg. Vanessa and I had the 4th leg which was the longest leg (4.7 miles...but then 2 extra miles after to get to the car) So, we actually went 6.7. Anyway, we were hoping the weather would cooperate and not rain but no luck...it downpoured. Luckily I had brought my old running shoes so I didn't get my new ones ruined. We ran our leg on the Navy Base. So, the only cheer people we had were the poor navy personel that had to stand every so often to make sure none of us get off track (safety concerns) They had to stand in the pooring down rain. The rain lightened up when we ran...however the lightning didn't....which scared me...but other than that it was so much fun. I made my personal goal and finished in 46 minutes (4.7m) My goal was to run 10 min miles. Yeah Yeah I am not the super athlete I once was. My mind still thinks I am but my body says otherwise. Then that afternoon the weather cleared up and it was a beautiful sunny day. Travis and the kids drove down to spend the afternoon at the Gulf. We had a blast. What a fun weekend to spend with Vanessa, all of my friends from church, as well as my family. I am so blessed to have such wonderful people in my life. I am already planning my trip with the girls next May for Beach to Bay. I know running is super big in Utah but I won't be joining the running frenzy. I am a 5 mile and under runner. I am not a fan of heat nor the cold...hence I played volleyball and indoor air conditioned sport. Please pardon the pictures... I am a little embarassed to post such awful pics of me..but since this is like my journal I have to post.



0 comments:
Post a Comment