Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Wilton Course 4 - Fondant and Gumpaste

Yes, its true...I am finally finished with all of my cake classes. I'd take more but they only offer 4 courses. The 4th course I just finished is actually called the Fondant and Gumpaste course. We learned more about fondant and worked with gumpaste to strengthen the decorations. We learned fun borders, carnations, daisy's, the fantasy flower, leaves, and much more. I'm still not a fan of how fondant tastes but it sure looks pretty. The last 4 months of cake decorating classes has been a lot of work but a lot of fun too! So for now I will just be making cakes for fun occasions...Yeah Travis' birthday is in a couple of weeks so I have an excuse to make a cake:) My mom's birthday is also in a week so we may just have to have a cake even if she isn't here! Below are some of the cakes I made this month for class.
This was a cake for class where we learned about drapping and the fantasy flower (There is no such flower that looks like this). This cake was sent to school with Travis. I think his classmates expect a cake now each week :)

This cake was for my friends baby shower. I had leftover cake batter so I made matching cupcakes.

This was my final cake for class. This also went to school!

7 comments:

Leah said...

Wow. Again, SO pretty.

Skye O. said...

seriously...go pro for weddings.

Hartmans said...

The cakes are great! I am registered for the meeting in SA so I hope we can get together in October. I am actually not going to be there as long as I had originally planned, but let me know if you guys are up for a quick bite or something.

Suz said...

I am impressed! I want to learn how to do that. Could you please teach me.

Tim and Melissa said...

You really are so talented! Everything you have made has turned out amazing!!

The Brown Family said...

You seriously do such a great job! I am making you make me a cake for ava's 2nd birthday! You will have to mail it.Ha
I ran into your cute mom the other day at bear lake. It made me think back of when we all went to your condo. Those were some fun times.

Weathers Family said...

These are amazing!! You are so talented!