Thursday, July 3, 2008

Wilton Course 1

In May I completed the Wilton Course 1 class with my good friend Kaylynne. I had so much fun that I took Course 2 in June (have to finish the class in July because of vacation) and will take Course 3 in July. In course 1 we learned the wilton rose, star, shell border, sweet pea, drop flower and piping figures. I personally like the drop flower the best. Every week I would come home with a different cake. Travis would take pictures of me with my creations. I felt like a little school girl getting praise for my hardwork at school :) Here are the cakes I completed in order:
Week 2 - Star tip pratice

WEEK 3 - Piping Figures (clowns/striping the bag and roses (which I am horrible at)

WEEK 4 FINAL CAKE - attempt to master the Wilton Rose

This is my good friend Kaylynne whom I have been taking cake decorating classes with. She is sooooo good at decorating. Her roses are amazing. Check out her cakes using the Link on my blog called Kaylynne. I'll post pictures of Course 2 when I finish up in July as well as Course 3. Oh before I forget if anyone is interested in taking cake decorating classes, Michaels courses are 50% off this month and you get a free gift. Plus this week you can print a 50% coupon on 1 item so you could get your Student kit for the class for half off. Just thought I would pass on the great offers.

5 comments:

Hartmans said...

Shanda your cakes are great! One day I might be ambitious enough to take one of these courses, but for now...I think I am going to be attending the ADA annual session in SA in October. My brother Jared is a a DDS (graduated from UTHSCSA in 05) and he is attending so I thought I would get my CE hours done there wit him. Let me know if you guys might be available for a quick visit and maybe we could do dinner or something!

Anderson Avenue said...

Good job that is awesome! I wish I would have read through your friends tips before I attempted Avree's ladybug cake. It looked a little funny but I had never done it before!!

Lyssa Beth said...

That's so cool! I want to do that sometime in the future. Glad you guys had so much fun!

Hillery said...

Good for you! I still have to finish couse 1! Did you like Course 2? I'm thinking of skipping it and doing Course 3...hmmm...

Suz said...

I am impressed. I want to know how to do that!