We have been pretty busy around the Baldwin home lately. We've been enjoying the warm Texas spring weather and keeping busy! Here is just a little look at what we've been up to! For Sophie...she is getting so big. She is starting to talk or what sounds like real words like; duck, dad, kitty, and mama. She loves to make funny noises with her mouth as well. Still only 2 teeth and not much of an interest in walking but I'm sure when she's ready there will be no stopping her.

This is my cake I made at CraftyClique which is a group of girls who get together once a month and learn how to make something fun! My ward was lucky enough to be invited by 2 other wards to join up with them. I have loved getting to know more friends. They are all super crafty girls and not to mention lots of fun!
On Thursday I spent the evening making Sophie's Birthday cards. We are inviting Grandpa's and Grandma's but unfortunately I don't think they'll make it. So, we are having a get together with some of Travis' dental friends and having a combined birthday/end of year dental get together. So don't feel bad if you don't get one of these cards. Sophie and I are going to have some of my friends over on her birthday for cake and ice-cream during the day!
On Friday Sophie and I went to Sea World for a play date. She loved every minute of it. She threw a fit over at the dolphin pool because she wanted to get in with them. She loved the Coral Reef...She kept trying to touch the fish (too bad there is thick glass). Then we went to the Shamu show and she clapped the whole time. Last but not least her favorite. The big play area for toddlers. Lots of soft toys for her to climb on.


These pictures I couldn't resist...So I was doing laundry and I heard Sophie start playing her piano so I peeked around the corner and she had pushed her car over to her piano and sat down to play...At that moment I knew Sophie will be a piano player unlike her mommy!
Then on Friday night Travis and I spent the evening getting ready for the Baby Shower I was hosting the next day. He is quite the cake decorator. He did a woderful job on the cake not to mention a huge help! I'm a lucky gal! 



6 comments:
Shanda, What cute and fun things you are learning to make. Your cake is adorable and those cards...Wow! you go girl. Looks like you guys are having a ball out in Texas. How much longer until graduation? Are you so excited? I'm still plugging away at my MBA and just finished my 3rd class. The plan is to be done by April 2009! Only one more year yeah! We are actually coming out to Houston at the end of May to visit our married Nephew and niece in law. How far is that from you guys? If its close we should get together. It really has been too long. Hope all is well. Tell Travis hello from his Sestra! :-)
Looks like you have been BUSY!! Wow what a week. Your cards and cake are so cute!!
Sophie is so cute! You are quite the cake decorator! I'm very impressed. that looked super hard. I love that she played the piano..you're a great piano player. You have talent to learn something you hear..nothing I could ever do. Oh,and do you guys have a kitty? You said Sophie can say kitty, and I thought of your old cat...was it Ivory? I can't remember? Good to see you again!
Cake Decorating.. would have never thought, Travis looks pretty good at it too. That is awesome. I wish I had something like that to go to every month. You guys are so cute.
great job on your cake! and we will all have to go to sea world together with the kids!
Look at how cute that Travis is! Thank you for the baby gift. Rachel and I were excited. That get up is AWESOME!!! Y'all have been great friends even though I was on the volleyball B team.(said with a smile and a broken heart)
Post a Comment